Thursday, June 27, 2019

How To Style a Little Black Dress

Little Black Dress

Black has been known to signify a lot of dark and negative things, but in the world of fashion and art,  It has become a staple that is used to either create this mystical illusion of sass and slenderness or used to enhance your curves by defining them in all the right areas. But finding the dress is the easy part, it's being able to style the dress that can get a bit tricky, as it's hard to style such a solid color, being that black is overpowering, and can clash with patterns that can make it look tacky or not uninformed, creative or stylish. And these are thoughts and questions that I have struggled and go through myself. But through this struggle,  I found some key tips and tricks that I share with you below.


Outfit 1
When going on dates, it's quite annoying when you decide to choose sexines over comfort, so you opt for the tight restricting dress! Which means that not only do you have to worry about awkward silences, but you now have to also watch what you eat as not to order something that would make you feel and look bloated. Hence, why this loose little black dress is the perfect foundation for not only this blog but also as the perfect go-to date outfit.  This is due to the fact that the dress is easy to style, plus it also gives you space and room to eat whatever you want without it showing!





I choose to style outfit 1 with strappy red heels, as it gives this outfit the perfect summer/date vibe, as not only is red is an alluring color, styling it with black heels would have made the outfit to dull.  Plus, these heels give you the opportunity to showcase your fresh pedicure.



And adding the red purse and earrings create a color combination, so your outfit looks organised. While also having the effect of brightening up the outfit, giving it that fun and exciting looking.

















Outfit 2
The thing about this little black dress is that at first glance it seems as if it's not flattering as it doesn't hug anything in the right place. But, what I love about the dresses that that this doesn't stop it from being able to transform into something different, as the material isn't stiff, and can be molded to your heart desire. Which is something I did by using a thin belt, that is shorter than the one that would go on your hips for trousers and jeans. This helped to construct a more feminine outline, also adding the illusion of a shaving a few inches off my waist, and giving the outfit more texture.



I teamed the belt with these leopard print heels, which are literally my go to, as I love a leopard print! And with this outfit, the heels add a cheeky look to this already classic combination




And of course, we need the perfect bag to finish off this outfit, and I found through my classic LV bag. This bag, this style, this design is so extravagant that it brings the whole outfit together, as the heels and bag have touches of brown, that complement each other, bringing a whole new lease of life that you never knew it needed.


Outfit 3

And the final touch has to have its own section, as it completely changes the dynamic of the entire outfit, but is itself its own staple essential, especially living in the UK, as no matter the season you have to be prepared for whatever the weather may throw at you ( as it rains in summer!)! So, this beige trench coat is definitely my go-to,  as it's lightweight but very resilient as the cotton is made to be very water-resistant, with the bonus of also adding extra support to protect you against the wind.











Outfit 4
This look is what I call casual but with some flavor! The dress on its own it's very classic, but when you throw on a leather studded jacket, it gives it that edge and turns your dress from 'i'm off to the office', too I'm about to go to a 'day party with the girls' dress.

Additionally, the jacket is not too long that it overpowers the dress, and not too short that it looks out of place. Instead, it balances just in the position by your hips, to create a fluid stiletto figure for you.












And paired with these chunky brown boots, that look like 'Timberland on heels', it really dresses up the outfit, and gives it that needed a pop of color. Plus, its a bonus that they're really comfortable and I can literally walk in them all day. Additionally, they also help to accentuate your calve muscles, making them looked more toned!


And why not carry your day to day items in style, with this cute mini back-pack, that works with the edgy minimalist look that this outfit goes for. Plus, this shade of brown compliments the black jacket and dress, as it brings warmth back into the outfit. Plus, brown connotes the idea of friendliness and steadfastness, making you more approachable.


Outfit 5

Yes, you've seen it right, you can turn this dress into a stylish top! This is what I love about loose black mini dresses, is that the length and the material mean you can shape and cultivate an entirely new outfit. Which is exactly what I did for this look, by tying the dress into a stylish knot allowed me to pair it with these slim-fitted denim jeans, and create the illusion of wider hips. This being that, black is very slimming compared to the blue jeans, and by stopping dress at my hips, it looks like I've lost a couple inches off the waist. And a smaller waist accentuates your hips, which gives me more of a defined hourglass figure

Additionally, denim is like fine wine, it gets better with age! Which is true in a sense, as with these jeans I've had them for ages, and they feel softer and more form fitting then when I first brought them! I also like to roll them up at the end, to give it more of an edge.


I paired this outfit with a big clutch bag,  as it means I don't have to worry about sacrificing bringing my make-up for touch-ups just so my bag doesn't look puffy. Plus, the bag is a whole accessory itself, meaning you can get away with not wearing any jewelry,  as I find that with this dress,  jewelry can get lost, and at times look randomly placed, hence why I opted out of it this time around.



And yes I choose a pair of stilettos, as some jeans can make your booty look a bit flat, but adding a pair of stilettos makes your back curve more, giving you the effect of a nice round and perky bottom. While also making it look like you have legs for days. Plus, did you know that stilettos work your leg muscles, giving you that extra gym work-out without haven to break a sweat!


Well guys, that how I style one black dress five different ways. So,  wither you need to head to the office, or you're going out with the girls on a night out,  you don't have to stress about going out to buy five different outfits! So, instead, use the accessories you have at home to create an entirely different outfit, by being your own stylist!

P.S
Have fun with it!!

Lynn Trieu

xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

‘My Five Worst Bosses’

‘My Five Worst Bosses’ The service industry sucks, that much I know. And, from my experience, I know retail work isn’t ...